Shawn at Taiwan

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Day 5: Birthday Celebration at Alishan

Day 5: 29th Dec 2006

3am, it was icy cold, and I think the temperature almost hit 10 degree celsius. We reached Chia Yi, which was a very different town from Taipei city. It was less urbanised, and have more shophouses then big shopping centres. We dropped by a 台湾鲁肉饭 outlet and have a taste of the famous 小吃, costing about 350NT per person. By then, the coldness was too much to stand, but the lucky thing is that I brought Guoliang's black pure lamb wool sweater with me. =) Thanks bro!


The famous braised rice. (8.5/10)


Ting and I


The banner.

We were supposed to wait for the first bus at the bus terminal to go up to Alishan. But due to the considerate coach driver thinking that many wanted to go home early to spent the new year, we were 2 to 3 hours earlier then planned. Booo. So after the meal, we went into to 7-11 hoping to get poker card and some drinks, hot ones! In the midst of that, a taxi driver spotted us, and wanted to drive us up to the mountain top at 2000NT. Being the cautious types, Weiting, Hongkiat and Jun ignored him. Butt and I gave one another a glance, had a mini discussion, before heading back to him for further clarification. Yes! Being the spoiltbrats in the group, we think that $20 per person wasn't too much (if he planned to cheat us). Haha, so in the end we hopped into his car, and I got the best front seat due to my big size(opps). And the journey was great. He was a friendly uncle.

The temperature dropped as we inclined. By the time we reached the top, whereby we need to pay another 150NT each (I guess) for the entrance, it was already around 4am. Dropping down the car, we were fucking cold. It was so cold that I actually felt like shitting. Haha. We went to the Hi-Life there to buy some hot drinks and alcohol to keep ourselves warm. Some 热情 Taiwanese-s spotted us, we exchanged some cultures; and in the end they became part of my Alishan's memories.

The union that was fucked by others for being too noisy.


The place we met.


Around 5am, the whole bunch of us went to sit for the train that brought us up to the peak to see the famous sunrise. The ticket costs another 150NT each. In less then 20 mins time, we reached the peak station. And after another 15 mins run (cause we were told we were late), we reached the top feeling breathless.

The ladies.


Us. Taiwan-Singapore.


On the train.


And the view was breathtaking!!!

The in-charge told us we were lucky, cause the sunrise had not appeared since a few days ago. Haha, and of course this sentence, made the never-want-to-lose us more proud and touched. Yes, we make it for the famous sunrise!

The sunrise. Too bad I don't own a pro camera to take nice pic.


Us again. The noisy ones.


Yeah! We conquered Alishan.


A jump for joy.


Two of my best poly cliques.


Jun and I.


We had some good photos taken and bought honey which was super yummy, before walking down the mountain to the train station at the base through a trekking route with the new friends.

We meant to act like 三八老. But I guessed we failed.


Yah! We are the great backpackers.


A stupid pic. Haha. But who cares. =)


The famous five.


From there, we bidded goodbye to the new friends, and headed for another tour package. $40 or 800NT per head, we hired a mini bus that bought us to many other locations of the mountain.


The forest train that's almost extinct. Heard there's only two in the world.


铁路饭盒, ~ 150NT. One word: 棒!(8.5/10)


A not so prepared timer pic.


On my Bday 29th. I saw this train #29. A pic for sure.


A hotel I think.



HongKiat!


The super nerdy us.


The girls from Tsou.


The men from Tsou.


Smile! Cheers! Happy girls!


The tour ended around 6pm, and the chatty driver cum brother brought us to our next desired location, JianFuShan. Haha, he was super duper friendly, and helped us to search for a guesthouse (民宿) at JianFuShan, though he himself was unfamiliar with the area. In the end, we settled for a Orange Farm Guesthouse which costs about 450NT per person for the night.

The owner of the house was very friendly too. She bought us to a nearby cafe for dinner for less then $10 per person. And that included a drink, the meal and soup. I felt very contended after a mountain conquering, and a supertumous meal. But I guessed the guys shocked the auntie cause I was in shorts when we went out for dinner while HongKiat and Jun were in berms and slippers. Haha, I think we aren't scared of cold anymore after the ordeal at Alishan. We went back in a open styled van, sang some songs; I felt relax and slept damn well that night.

The wonderful 大哥 that we loved.


The place we had dinner.


I was trying to take a pro pic.


My dinner. (8/10)
Plus an addition two points for feeling happy. (10/10)


My buddies.

Jun said I had a blanket battle with him in the midst of my sleep. Laughs.

辛福哦!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home