Shawn at Taiwan

Friday, April 6, 2007

Day 7: The Countdown

Coundown 2007 was indeed the most unforgettable event of the trip. 永生难忘。Singapore, Channel 8 even managed to get the 跨年演唱会 2007 film, and played it to our local people on Chinese New Year Day 1. I was missing Taipei damn badly while watching the replay on tv.

Day 7: 31st Dec 2006

The suite was the most luxury accomodation we had so far. Knowing that we will be having a sleepless night today, we slept till 11 plus, settled our stuffs at Taiwanmex, before heading towards Taipei 101 by metro to meet Alex and guys for Countdown 2007 .

Some photo shots on e way to find Jeff and guys.

Jun and I.


3 of us.


My loves.


The guys.


Jeff was very nice and bought some doughnuts for us all. I think the doughnuts were just slightly above average (7.5/10), and weren't as impressive as what Butt said. Maybe different ppl got different taste. HAha. But still, gotta thanks jeff for the effort, and he even insisted on not to collect the money from us. 不好意思。。。 We headed towards NewYork NewYork (I think) for lunch right after.

The famous doughnuts.


Everyone had a bite.


Some greedy kids look-alike.


Tingz and I.
I seriously need some face reconstruction in this pic. Boo.


June with his prawn set ~$6 (8/10).



Hk's squid with beef set ~$7 (9/10).


Mine was chicken ~$7 (8.5/10)



Mad people do mad stuffs.
We just lied down and took the pic in the middle of the road.


Jeff, Tingz, Hua, Kiat.



Alex and I.


At around 4pm, we reached the stage area, and the whole place was already packed even though the concert started at 7pm. Haha, being the kiasu Singaporeans, we decided to join in the crowds, and became part of human dominos in the later part of the day. Haha, it was a sacrifice with great returns. The 跨年演唱会 was amazing. Big stars like 梁静茹,吴尊, FIR, 黄立行,品冠, etc all turned up. The co-hosts were 徐乃麟 and 蓝心梅, with some efforts from 黑色会妹妹 (-_-"). 乃哥 is damn damn damn 帅, while 蓝心梅 was ultra super hot. The show first started with FIR and 黄立行 at 7 plus, followed by many other singers. My all-time favorite band, 五月天 turned up at 11 plus pm, and brought the atmosphere to the highest peak. 阿信's voice was superduperultracrazily nice.

Haha, and not long after, the clock striked 12, and we welcomed the new year together with 10 mins fireworks, the stage, as well as Taipei 101... I wished for something at that second, and hopefully my wishes could be fufilled this year. A good point to mention was that, there were no "小黑s" around at the countdown!!! Haha, not like our Singapore's esplande version, where those "小黑s" always made the effort to spoilt the night. Boooo.

At the countdown.



Taipei 101 with the countdown bears.


I spent my last second of 2006 with them.



Just to show that I took a pic of 吴尊!Haha.


乃哥 with 南拳妈妈



The last second of 2006.
The first second of 2007.



The actual thing.

The ugly side of countdown.


We left the place to meet KokGuan right after the countdown. Sat at the park for some stupid games, before proceeding with catching!!! Haha, yeshie! We played catching on the first day of new year at the park till the morning sun came out. The RIP team consisting of Hua, Ting, Jeff and I were form at the end of the game. Haha, seriously, I need to lost some weight. Ppl always thought I was the easiest target, and decided to catch me almost every round! Booo, not until buddy HK turned up to be caught by me intentionally. Haha. I simply suck at such games. =P

Ah Guan, Ah Hua, Ah Shawn.


Oh, he's a little high.


Taipei Walkers. The catchers / RIP team.


Went to the nearby coffeeshop for Taiwan's style breakfast, before heading for more activities. HAhaa, the countdown was indeed amazing. =)

New year, pin new hope. =)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home